Friday, June 3, 2011

Cheapest and best place to get timing belt change?

I have honda accord 2000 1.8i. I tried to ring couple of places but I didnt get any quote cheaper than 180-250. That's too much for an old car like that. Worry is that cars done over 100k mileage and the belt has never been replaced.



Can someone tell me about any place where I might be able to find it cheap? living in leicester,uk.Cheapest and best place to get timing belt change?Other than doing it yourself, you just might have to find some %26quot;weekend mechanic%26quot; to do it for you. You'll still spend more than buying parts.



It can be a pain in the butt to do for some cars. I have a manual for my 99 Accord (2.3 4 cyl) and it said I need to raise the engine a little. I'd rather have a pro deal with that in case something does go right.Cheapest and best place to get timing belt change?Your garage. Save the $$$ the shop would charge you %26amp; buy some tools %26amp; do it your self. I've done that for years, %26amp; have a good assortment of tools to show for it.