Friday, June 3, 2011

When changing a timing belt due to noises in that area, what exactly should I change?

What are the parts do people usually change along with the timing belt? I know of the tensioner, tensioner spring, idler pulley, and tensioner pulley plus water pump. What else should be changed? My car is making a a lound weird low noise when the car is driven on small roads. So does anybody know what parts I should change along with the timing belt? ALso, what else do you guys change when changing a timing belt?



I have a year 2000 Mazda Protege Es with a 1.8 L engine.

ThanksWhen changing a timing belt due to noises in that area, what exactly should I change?Check the bottom gear If It looks worn go ahead and change it, But if its ok don't bother, The early models had plastic gears so you had to change them good luck that should solve your problem.When changing a timing belt due to noises in that area, what exactly should I change?whenever i do a timing belt i replace any gaskets required to take them off, front cover, valve cover. i also change the tensioners, any idler pulleys, water pump. also have a look at the motor mounts and CV boots. also is a good time to do a tune up, replace plugs (wires if it has spark plug wires), change all fluids.When changing a timing belt due to noises in that area, what exactly should I change?I would put the front of the car in the air and look under it to see if their is somthing loose. Are you sure it is the timing belt.