Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How do I change a belt on my hoover u5076-930 vacuum cleaner?

I'm trying to take the cover off the vacuum to clean the motor. Any ideas how I can do this myself without going to the local vacuum technician??How do I change a belt on my hoover u5076-930 vacuum cleaner?Unplug the machine and flip it over so you can access the agitator brush. (Image 1)



2. Unscrew the bottom plate that holds the brush in place, using a screwdriver.



3. Lift out the brush by pulling the roller ends out of the slots in the vacuum base. If the drive belt isn't completely broken, one end will be wrapped around the agitator brush, the other around the motor drive shaft. Slide the belt off of each part. Take it to a hardware store to get a replacement.



4. Inspect the agitator brush before installing the new belt. Sometimes thread or hair will wrap around the ends or elsewhere on the brush roller. This can prevent the agitator from turning and cause a belt to fail prematurely. Cut any thread or hair with a sharp knife and pull it off.



5. Install the new belt. Slide one end over the agitator brush and the other over the drive shaft. Then reinstall the agitator brush. You may have to pull on the agitator brush to stretch the new belt a bit so the roller ends fit into the vacuum base.



6. Reinstall the bottom plate.How do I change a belt on my hoover u5076-930 vacuum cleaner?see if you can find any pertinent information in here:



http://www.google.com/search?hl=en%26amp;lr=%26amp;qHow do I change a belt on my hoover u5076-930 vacuum cleaner?See c_k's answer on your duplicate question.How do I change a belt on my hoover u5076-930 vacuum cleaner?Examine the machine to find screws. If you can take a screw out, you can always put it back as long as you know which hole it belongs in. In some cases you may find that something has to be pried off, but in most cases a simple screw removal does it. Just be sure to unplug before you work on it. As long as you're careful in taking it apart, you're not going to hurt the machine. Once inside you can see what needs to be cleaned.