Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I change a belt-drive engine to chain-drive?

I have a Go-Kart that runs off of a chain motor. But I also have a new engine to put on it that runs off of a belt. How can i convert this motor and make it work on my Go-Kart?How do I change a belt-drive engine to chain-drive?transfer the gear that drives the chain from the old engine to the new one. It may require some alterations.



good luckHow do I change a belt-drive engine to chain-drive?You remove the belt pulley, and install the chain pulley off your old motor. Is it not obvious that the pulley is not part of the engine? It should be.How do I change a belt-drive engine to chain-drive?Simply replace the pulley with the sprocket if both the engine's shafts are the same size.How do I change a belt-drive engine to chain-drive?u need to go to the junk yard if u dont want to spend alot of money and but 2 chain srokets if u can. that will be around 20 30 bucks.