Monday, September 19, 2011

How difficult is it to change a (fan/drive) belt on a 1995 Toyota Corolla?

I'm not sure if it is called a fan belt or a drive belt. Do I need any special tools to do this? Is this something I can attempt on my own with the help of a Chilton's book or do I need to bring it to the mechanic?



I'm pretty good with tools and I change the oil and replace spark plugs and the battery when needed. My only concern is that the Chilton's book said I might need a second pair of hands and I only have my own hands availible. What do you think?How difficult is it to change a (fan/drive) belt on a 1995 Toyota Corolla?Gypsy, I think I love you!!! A girl who can wrench. NOW THAT'S SEXY!!! The reason Chilton says it's a 2 person job is most likely because of a SERPENTINE BELT. If so I can tell you why. The routing of the belt is difficult for beginners %26amp; slipping it underneath the TENSIONING PULLEY is just easier with 2 people! It can however be done solo, if you feel like a GO-GETTER! After all THEY DON'T MAKE THINGS WE CAN'T DO! At least that's what we say at my job!!!!!!How difficult is it to change a (fan/drive) belt on a 1995 Toyota Corolla?if chilton says extra hands, and you have not done lots of belts... I would get some extra hands.....How difficult is it to change a (fan/drive) belt on a 1995 Toyota Corolla?If it is a Serpentine Belt you will need a Special Tool that can

be bought at most parts stores cheaply.... when in doubt ask for help...How difficult is it to change a (fan/drive) belt on a 1995 Toyota Corolla?Get someone to help you. And im not just saying that because you are a girl. It doesnt have nothing to do with that. First, pop the hood on the car, you will notice that since its a front wheel drive the belt or belts are more than likely crammed in between the side of the engine and the inside half of the fenderwell of the car, with barely any room to get to it. Ive seen this in many smaller front wheel drive cars. Im not familiar with the corolla, maybe its not as bad. But before you tackle the project yourself scope it out just to see if you can get down in there at it.How difficult is it to change a (fan/drive) belt on a 1995 Toyota Corolla?Changing the fan belt on Camrys is not so hard hard but I'm not sure you can do it yourself. and what is a drive belt? :) are you sure?