Friday, September 23, 2011

I took my auto for a brake job and now the mechanic is telling me I need to get the timing belt change.?

126,000 miles 93 suzuki sidekick 4 cyl manual. Should I get the work done now or can it wait?I took my auto for a brake job and now the mechanic is telling me I need to get the timing belt change.?It can wait , yet drive with care .



It is a very important part in the engine .



If it did break you would have serious engine damage though.



It's rubber, yet it keeps the engine components in sequence (not hitting each other) Like pistons and valvesI took my auto for a brake job and now the mechanic is telling me I need to get the timing belt change.?it can wait but that many miles and if it is still the original it needs changinI took my auto for a brake job and now the mechanic is telling me I need to get the timing belt change.?Take it to another mechanic and have it looked at. Timing belts/chains are very expensive to get at. The part is inexpensive, but they practically have to take the engine apart to get at it. Besides, most of these brake shops are known for roping you in for more work....and expensive work.I took my auto for a brake job and now the mechanic is telling me I need to get the timing belt change.?If the mechanic say it needs to be replaced it probilly needs to be replaced. If you don't replac it it can cause cataclysmic result.I took my auto for a brake job and now the mechanic is telling me I need to get the timing belt change.?Have it changed. Timing belts should be replaced at around 75000 mi. I'm sure it's gonna be a few hundred dollars but if the timing belt breaks while you are driving it, it will bend all of the valves and possibly send one through a piston which will be a heck of a lot more to replace.I took my auto for a brake job and now the mechanic is telling me I need to get the timing belt change.?I'd get the work done, especially if this is a mechanic you usually take your car to. My timing belt just went up on me while I was driving on a country road. 96 Toyota Camry 156,000 miles. No fun at all, it just stops running. On top of the parts and labor I had towing charges involved. Definitely get the work done as soon as you can.I took my auto for a brake job and now the mechanic is telling me I need to get the timing belt change.?Get a second opinion, but don't put it off. If the timing belt breaks, major engine damage can be the result. The labor will cost alot for the job, but it is less than a new engine.I took my auto for a brake job and now the mechanic is telling me I need to get the timing belt change.?Ask him why it needs replaced, and then have him show u the reason. and if he cant show u then dont do it.I took my auto for a brake job and now the mechanic is telling me I need to get the timing belt change.?It depends on the last time it was replaced. They should be replaced every 100,000 miles roughlyI took my auto for a brake job and now the mechanic is telling me I need to get the timing belt change.?Sound like he just letting you know that you should get it changed because of the mileage on the vehical.They have done thousands of test and have come up with a estamated time/mileage when you should replace timming belts/chains.You can do lots of damage to your vehical if it breaks.I took my auto for a brake job and now the mechanic is telling me I need to get the timing belt change.?get it replaced! timing belts need to be replaced when scheduled usually around 75000. its cheaper to replace it then repairing the damage it will cost when it fails and it will. I've seen many people ignore it only to end up junking the car because they avoided routine maintenance