Monday, September 19, 2011

When will be the best time to change my vehicles timing belt?

I bought my 02 Subaru Forester last spring. It has 112000 miles on it, but I want it to be always in good shape (everybody does). If anybody can give me a tip or info if when will be the best time to change my %26quot;Timing Belts%26quot;? I tried to ask the Subaru dealership regarding this matter but they were not honest, they're so particular about the price instead, %26amp; I hate that!When will be the best time to change my vehicles timing belt?It is time to change it if it has not been done in the past. It should be done between 80,000 and 100,000 miles. Do not go to the dealer to have the belt changed, they will rob you. Find a quality local mechanic to do the job.When will be the best time to change my vehicles timing belt?they need to actually be changed about every 60 thousand miles on that one,you can go a little over that but then you run the risk of one breaking and causing major damage to an engine,it doesn't have to be a dealer though to change that one most repair shops can do the same job at half the price,and they too will guarantee their work,good luck.When will be the best time to change my vehicles timing belt?In general it's recommended that you change a timing belt every 60K miles or 5yrs whichever comes first. If I were you I'd change it and be done with it, because the last thing you'd want is for the belt to snap and ruin your engine.When will be the best time to change my vehicles timing belt?i believe you're supposed to change them every 100,000 miles, you can check by taking the belt off and bend it, if there are cracks between the teeth, you need a new oneWhen will be the best time to change my vehicles timing belt?Typically it should be changed at 50,000 miles. So your timing belt should have been changed twice by now and you'd be 12,000 into your third belt.When will be the best time to change my vehicles timing belt?I know Kia autos require this done prior to 60,000 miles. Others require 70 and 80,000. Your car at 112,000 is due. I'm guessing about $400 for the job. Is that close?When will be the best time to change my vehicles timing belt?every 50000 miles