Thursday, September 15, 2011

Do i really need to change my car's Cam Belt?

My Astra 1.7 TDI 2003 got 89000 Miles on the clock, and its cam belt never been changed, the car is in perfect condition now!

But my question is if i just don't bother to change it what is going to happen?Do i really need to change my car's Cam Belt?Take a look at it!



If the inside of the belt is pitted in ANY way, then you should replace it. It's easy enough to do on your own.Do i really need to change my car's Cam Belt?Well, your BEST bet is to get a self-help book from ANY local autoparts place, and this book will explain to you how to do it MUCH better than you would see me being able to do here.

Report Abuse

Do i really need to change my car's Cam Belt?89K miles makes it sound like a change is passed due, especially if it was YOU who did ALL those miles.

Report Abuse

Do i really need to change my car's Cam Belt?What is the recommended change interval for it, you can get it inspected and if it indeed does show signs of wear then change itDo i really need to change my car's Cam Belt?When in doubt, swap it out!Do i really need to change my car's Cam Belt?No, you don't HAVE to change it, but you should take a look at it and replace it if it shows signs of wear. You don't want a cam belt to break while you're driving the car -- it'll cost you a heck of a lot more than replacing a cam belt to fix your car if that happens. Preventive maintenance always costs less than the repairs after you let something go and it comes back to bite you later.Do i really need to change my car's Cam Belt?u should change it according to manufacture's descriptionDo i really need to change my car's Cam Belt?your pistons will het the valves makeing the valve bent it will triple at lese once cosast that is somthing most people dont know get it change as soon as you canDo i really need to change my car's Cam Belt?Just leave it as is. If you have never heard of Murphy's Law, then you will be OK. Anytime now you will be driving at highway speed %26amp; the belt will break, slip. or derail. The pistons WILL contact the valves %26amp; happily bend the living $@#% out them. If your lucky you may ONLY replace the head, but most likely the engine will become a mooring anchor.



禄禄禄